"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Compassion Letter Writing Night and more of Saturdays

Well, once a month on Friday nights we do a Compassion Letter Writing Night. Basically, it's a night when some of the church family that sponser children come and write letters to their child\children. My mom comes up with different ideas of things we can make and send to our children. Last night we made finger paintings and cut out on cardstock their names. Then we are going to glue to letters on to the painted paper. Here is some photos I took while we were there:

Here are some of my paintings (Again I am sorry they are sideways)

We were using tape but it was ripping the paper so we used paper letters instead


Everyone said that it looks like the cover of a Dr. Suess book :)

Some of my mom's paintings

I thought I would do something different

These are the paper letters we used to glue on the paper

My dad's was so cool!

This one looks like tye-dye. Don't you think?

So this is what I did today. Me and my mom went to a u-pick blueberry and cherry place this morning. It was really windy and is still really windy. We had lots of fun, I thought I almost lost my mom when we were picking cherries. :)

A new book I am reading. It's the sequel to Eight Cousins, which is the sequel to Little Women I think.

Since I can't have dessert at night, (because it messes with my tummy), I thought I would have some with lunch. Yum! Any guesses on what I had? Hint: What did me and my mom pick this morning? And what can you cut like a pizza that is a dessert?

"To this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. If you don't marry Mr. Collins, your mother will never see you again. But if you marry Mr. Collins, I will never see you again." I love this movie... :)

I got a letter from a friend today! Thank you, Miranda! I will put my letter in the mail on Monday!

My book of poems. I thought I would decorate it a bit.

I got a new shirt today! Always have hope!

Gasp! I didn't know my mom was in Pride and Prejudice! :)


That's all for today folks! I hoped you enjoyed today's blog post! :) :) :) :)



2 comments:

  1. Great blog post Kelsey! Wow we didn't know your mom played in pride and prejudice either:p Let me guess you had blueberry pie:)~Sara,Becky,and Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, you are right! I had bluberry pie. Good job! :) ~Kelsey

      Delete