"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dad's B-day and Roaring Camp

This week we stayed at Roaring Camp for a Civil War Re-enactment. We went on Tuesday and stayed until Monday. By Monday I really wanted to go home, take a shower, and sleep in my own bed. I was really glad once we got home! :) So last week I wanted to go out on the field as a Corpsman (medic). I got dressed in a uniform and had lots of fun! I think my mom got a picture of me smiling on the field.

It is tradition (have any of you seen Fiddler on the Roof? The word tradition makes me think of the song.) that we decorate the house for my dad's birthday since we are not always there to celebrate. Now I like to go crazy with the balloons and signs, so the house was filled of things to celebrate my dad's birthday. I took pictures of everything in the house and also some of the Civil War Re-enactment.

I thought that I would put some stuff up in my dad's bedroom :)

I like to use my stuffed animals

I got the verse idea from a book

There always has to be a balloon on the fan!

Our homemade happy birthday sign

I have such a great dad.... :)

I really like the double balloon style!

I REALLY LOVE MY DAD!!!

Our amazingly stuffed car. You can buy it for only $19.99! (Just kidding, I had to do that!)

The little space that I have.... Bummer....

This little guy was so cute!

We were on the other side of Roaring Camp this year! We had more shade this time! :)

The Lone Tent

So awesome!

Me, Matthew, and Mom like to squat down to get pictures

These three shots are my favorites!

This spot got filled up with tents during the weekend

The last day...Drinking some root beer and reading Pride and Prejudice...I was so ready to go home....

Since all we had for my dad's birthday was store bought cupcakes, my mom made an apple pie for his "cake" today. Looking forward to eating it with some vanilla ice cream! Yum!

The week and weekend went really well. It was really nice to sleep in my own bed last night instead of a creaky and hard cot. I have 204 more pages to go in Pride and Prejudice. That book makes me want to read it out loud. Even more when I get to a Mrs. Bennet part. Okay so here is another poem:

There once was a flower
It was there every hour
It was so pretty and fair
That I wouldn't even dare
To touch it because it's so rare

Here is another one:

There was a gingerbread man in my backyard
I wondered what he was doing there
I checked the oven and one wasn't there
So I tried to catch him, but he kept slipping away

I will get him one day no matter how far I go
I won't let him out of sight until I get that one
I really don't know how he can see
For I didn't even put eyes on him!

The next blog post I do, I will make sure I put as many poems as I can. We met a woman that came over from England and is re-enacting with her family. She asked my mom if I liked poems and my mom said that I have been writing some. Well, one thing led to another and she said that if it was alright, she would send over some books of poems to me and that I can keep them for awhile. I thought that was so cool! Well, we are going to have pizza for dinner and my mom just stuck it in the oven, so I better go so she can have enough time to read my blog post and then post it! TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!



No comments:

Post a Comment