"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Quilt

So, Matthew's graduation went really well. People kept saying what it felt like to have 50% of my class gone. They also said that I would be the only one in my school, so I would be class president, treasurer, vice president, and secretary all in one. If more people had kept it up they would have seen a red, teary face. While Matthew was doing his speech I teared up.

Well, back to the subject of my title: My Quilt. I was thinking that I would want a normal quilt in my room for if I didn't want the horse one. I looked though the closet and didn't see anything that would make a good quilt. My mom suggested that we go to Jo-Ann's while we were running errands the next day. We did and found some cute fabric. (I think it went perfect with my room because the fabric has polka-dots on them and I also have hanging paper dots on my wall.) So here is what we did so far:

Here is the fabric we pick out.

Our sewing area

My mom pinned all the pieces together while I sewed

Just keep sewing, just keep sewing.....

"A seam ripper is your BFF." That is so not true. :(

My mom ended up ironing the rest...... :)

That little lightblub so does not give you enough light

Almost finshed! Just keep sewing.... :)

Let's get this thing done! (Tomorrow, tomorrow, sometime tomorrow)

One of my cool and awesome shots

Four eyes. :)

I AM SO HAPPY! Can you tell? I certainly can't. :)



And that completes my blog post about my quilt. I hope you like it! I will try and keep you updated on what is happening. Oh, and one more thing. I have been doing poems lately and I want to share one with you:

There was a cat in the Byrd's backyard
That was always on guard
That cat would never leave

Till one day we found a way
When it came to their doorway
We sprayed it with a hose
And my brother said "There it goes!"

There really was a cat in our neighbors backyard, but my brother shot around it with the airsoft gun to scare it so it wouldn't come back. So, maybe if you like this poem I will write a few more on my blog? Your choice. Thank you for reading!








2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and the poem! Both are so creative!
    ~ Deanna (Liza and Elina's mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up not working on the quilt the next day but I hope to work on it some more next Wednsday.

      -Kelsey

      Delete