"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Friday, May 18, 2012

Yosemite for Mother's Day

For Mother's Day we decided that we would go to Yosemite, since it is my mom's favorite place to go. And we couldn't think of anywhere else to go. I forgot my camera (plus it fell off my bed and the settings wheel is all messed up) so I had to bring my iPod to take pictures. It was awkward at first, but then I saw all the people that were using their iPhones.

We saw a lot of these little red flowers. We looked them up when we got home and saw that they are called Snow Plants. I really don't know why they are called that but my dad said that maybe it's because you can see them in the snow. I think maybe he's right.

 I really like this shot
This tree was huge!

My awesome log shot

I thought these were pretty cool

The bugs there were massive. Even the ants.

My woodland shot

These were the Snow Plants I was talking about

This reminded me of when Mary and Mary were going to visit Jesus in the grave. All I need is a angel sitting on the rock.

We went up to Glacier Point. The view was amazing!

Postcard shot!

Someone was saying there should be a zip line down to the hotel. That would be one long line...

My brother has a shot like this, but we were at the Grand Canyon when he took the shot.

There was also snow up at Glacier Point

There are lots of trees in Yosemite

So I can say I intromit a letter in the mailbox for my cousin? That's awesome.

If you have watched Star Wars you would be thinking the same thing right now. Where is the Ewok and Princess Leia?


The whole day was really fun. We got to explore some places that we haven't seen before and my mother really enjoyed it. Oh, and about the picture of the word of the day, that was just a random photo that I took a few days before. So since I wanted to post more poems I will write another one.

I wrote a blog
And I have lots of fun,
And only word I can think of is bog,
To rhyme with blog

I post lots of pictures
And write lots of words,
You can't rhyme with pictures
So I guess this will have to do

I hope you enjoyed reading about our trip! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment