"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day

So the pictures on here aren't in order and I apologize for that. Like I had said in my last post my computer has been acting up. But here are some pictures from today!

Today was just a relaxing day. We just hung around the house and outside. My mom was knitting, my dad took a nap and me and my brother shot the BB gun and the bow outside.

So here are some pictures of what we did today and just some random things :)



 These are my glasses which I lose all the time. I didn't know where they were 3 times yesterday and then once today. Thankfully I was able to find them all the times I lost them.

 And here is just a cool shot of my computer... I was messing around with the flower setting on there.

 Here is what we had for breakfast this morning! Pancakes! Pancakes are probably my second favorite breakfast. Waffles would have to be my first because they are just so good!

 Here is also another part of breakfast. Now I think this is a really good shot. It could almost be in a cookbook! ;)

 We started our new calender! So of course the first day is New Year's Day. But I'm excited to see what comes up next!

 We love lighting candles during the winter time! This one is special though. We put melted wax into some of our teacups and put a wick in there and now my mom uses them around the house.

 This year I was able to use pastels and I learned about how wonderful they are! I love being able to mix them together with other colors and be able to make a whole new color. So here is one of the first pictures I did. It was for the art book that I am going through for school and I didn't use the same color for shading so the nose is a little dark looking... But it's alright. And I liked it enough to put it up on my wall.

 Here is all the things that I am going to be using for my 'hoofs' for the play that I'm in. Now you might be wondering how I'm going to do this so I will post a picture of the finished product when I get them finished. I'm excited to see how they turn out!

 Now this is a cool little thing that I have started. I don't remember where I had heard of it but I thought that it would be fun to write letters to my future husband. So when I get married he can read them. I thought it would be fun to do! I just write about how my day went and what has been going on that day. I have been enjoying it but the thing is that I have to remember to write them! Oh! And I numbered them so that they are in order, since I have just been sticking them inside my hope chest and I don't really have a special container for them.

 My socks don't match! I do this all the time because I have all my socks in one drawer and they aren't all with their pairs. So if you see me I just might be wearing non-matching socks. :)

Here is my brother's Red Rider. This is what we were using to shoot boxes out in the backyard. It's a fun way to get good at aiming and to get some fresh air! I had fun kinda hanging out with my brother this afternoon.

And I'm sad to say that Vinnie, my rabbit, died this summer. We had to put him down because we think he may have had a stroke and he couldn't move his whole left side. We will miss him very much because he was my first pet and he was a very kind one.


So that is what happened today! Again, I hope you enjoyed reading about my day and what I did! I hope to post another post again soon. Hopefully it doesn't end up being months before I end up doing another one. :)

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment