"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just A Little Post


So Matthew and my mom got home safely from their Compassion trip to Mexico! When they got back it was non-stop stories about different things on the way home. It was fun hearing about all their little adventures while they were there. The next day my mom showed us all the pictures she took on her camera. There was so many! But I loved seeing all the happy kids faces! And then their was our sponsored child who was just adorable! They said they knew who it was when they saw his hair! It was lots of fun looking at pictures and hearing stories.

I had to get back to doing my school this week and honestly it felt very very normal. Like I should be doing it for the rest of my life during my day. Although I know that feeling will go away once it gets closer to summer and I don't want to be doing school. My favorite subject right now is art. I love doing art and I love learning about how I can do it better! Second in line is writing. Although it can be confusing sometimes it has been very fun and I have learned a lot! Third I guess would have to be science. That sometimes is very very confusing and I have to go back and re-read a chapter to figure out what it was saying. Last would have to be math. Yes it's probably everyone's most hated subject but some of those things just don't make sense to me. Like why would you want to undo an equation? But I guess I will need to know it someday so I will keep on learning. I have to say though that my own personal bible time has been so much fun and my most favorite! I am going through a Sherlock Holmes devotional and it is very good! I might just have to re-read it after I'm done with it!

Sorry, I don't have any pictures up but it hasn't really been a picture worthy week... Oh well...

Today though we had Panda Express for lunch! It was so good and I'm so glad that we have a Panda here in town! After we were done eating we left the box out and soon the house smelled like chow mein! It was an amazing smell.

That's all I have for today but I will be posting again soon and hopefully with some pictures!

Oh and one more thing. I have been writing letters to a friend just recently and in one of my letters I had written a sort of a poem in it. It was about how much I love spring! So here it is:

I can't wait for Spring! I love the smell of the air and the gentle breeze of the wind passing through the trees. I love being able to stay outside all day long and hearing the chirping of the birds in the trees. The way the sun beams down on the trees making the leaves glow. The small delicate shoots of gem green grass pushing through the dirt. Oh and the day, the first day, that you finally get to wear a short sleeve shirt and shorts. The sweet smell of flowers blooming drifting through the air. The sound of a lawn mower next door and sitting by an open window letting the breeze through. And the first couple of rain showers making everything glitter and gleam.

And then of course once Summer comes to an end, I can't wait for Fall and Winter. The cripness of the air after rain and the smell of something baking and candles burning in the house. I'm glad God made Spring because it's the most beautiful time of year. I don't know what I would do without it! 

So there's my 'poem'! 

-Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see your posts again. I had to go back a few and read them. You are a great blogger and have some great pictures. Love you...Grandma "B" :)

    ReplyDelete