"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Friday, April 6, 2012

I Got A Blog!!

Okay, so this is my first blog post. I am so excited! I will be posting about Compassion International, homeschool, what I am doing, pictures, etc.

Since I don't know what to talk about I will tell you a little bit about today. We met up with some other Compassion advocates to talk about our special visitor. We are going to have a formerly sponsored child come and talk about her experience with Compassion. Her name is Olive and she is from Uganda. Here is her picture:


She is going to stay with us one night and speak at our church. I have made her two friendship bracelets and made identical ones so that we could have matching bracelets. The day before she comes we are hoping to get together with the Compassion advocates and spend a little bit of time with her so she can see some of California. We were surprised to learn that she was from Uganda because I have a correspondent child living there. I thought that was so cool!

This morning we had a neighbor come by to drop something off for me and Matthew. Around a hoilday they come by with a gift and a card for us, usually it's a gift card. Here is what they gave us for Easter:


 So now we can go have some yummy frozen yogurt one day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Kelsey, you have a wonderful first blog. What a smart young lady !! I know I will enjoy your blog posts. Enjoy your visitor. :o]
    Love Grandma.... :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma! Thank you so much! I am so excited that I am going to be able to let you know what I am have been up to. :) I hope you will enjoy!

      -Kelsey

      Delete
  2. HI Kelsey! My name is Liza, I heard about your blog through my mom who knows your mom through Compassion:D I'm looking forward to reading your blog!
    P.S I like your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liza! Thank you! I have also heard about your blog though my mom! :) I love your blog! I even got a few ideas of what to do when I am stuck on what to blog about.

      -Kelsey :D

      Delete