"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rainy Days

I love rainy days! You get to stay inside, play games, and watch movies. I also love the air and the crispness of it after it rains. So that is why I got excied when I saw the weather forcast for the week. Although I knew that the weather people hadn't got the weather right for a few of the days, I was hoping that it would rain.


Here is the weather forcast on Tuesday. Rain, rain please come down!

We had to pick up my brother from work on Tuesday, so I thought I would take my camrea along and see if I could get some shots of the rain. I was able to get a few pictures of the hills and a few road shots. I really liked the way they turned out.



The little blur of yellow was some of the mustard seeds growing on the side of the road.


I had taken this shot after about a half an hour of driving. This is my favorite one!


I love reading while we are driving. (This is the book that I got the name of my blog from.)


It got a little foggy on the way there.


On the way back home, there was a lot of the mustard seeds growing. I thought that this was so cool!


This is what it looked like at home. When we had got back it hadn't rained at all. Also I found the sun! :)

So today was a very busy day. I had a really long list of stuff that I need to get done. My mom had bought a table top for a sewing table that she wanted to make. Well, tonight she cleared out one of the bookcases and we now have stuff all over the floor. (see my mom's blog to see the mess and the table). I had to clear out all the stuff that was under my desk. Now that's a different story.....I had a ton of junk under it and ended up throwing away most of it. Then that made me think about the clutter in my closet. So I knew that it was all stuff that I didn't need and wouldn't need later so I ended up throwing away most of that too. I felt so good after I cleaned everything up. I had such a full day today that I am still doing some of the stuff on the list tonight.


Here is my long to do list. I had to do a report on how much food you would need to survive for a year. Mr. Fatula is always thinking of stuff for me to do to stay busy. Sometimes too busy.

I had learned that Olive's (for more info on Olive see my first blog post) favorite color was purple (like my cousin Jessie). So I am going to make her a purple bracelet. I'll post a picture of it once it is finished.


Here is a picture of my normally sunny spot outside. Bummer...I liked it when it was sunny. :(


There's the sun! This picture was taken from my bedroom window.

So we took a little stop on the way to pick up Matthew...We really like Ikea and I needed a nightstand for my bed and my mom needed the top for her sewing table. And guess what? There was an Ikea close by to where we were headed. So, we went in and sure enough we found what we were looking for. Here is the nightstand:


I love it! I have always wanted a little table with a drawer! :) Oh, and this is Puffy. The one that I need to sew. He gets a few holes in his sides that I need to sew once in a while...He is one loved dog. Not as much as my horse that I still sleep with though. :)


I thought that some flowers would go nicely with my nightstand, so my mom looked on Pinterest for some felt flowers and here is what we found.

So, that completes my fourth blog post. I think that maybe I will post some flower pictures for next time I post about something. I LOVE taking pictures of things up close, so naturally flowers are things that you can take pictures of up close. :)

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains (near Roaring Camp) and every winter the roads would wash away, so we could expect up to a week stranded in the rain with no electricity. One of my favorite memories is reading Edith Wharton by candlelight. :-)

    ReplyDelete