"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Friday, April 27, 2012

Mariposa Civil War Re-enactment

So, our family does Civil War Re-enacting and we have been for about 4 years. We get to dress up and camp for three days in a A tent (which looks like an A when you set it up). I am hoping that for the next re-enactment I will be able to go on the field as a corpsman (which is medical). My mom is going to make me a shirt to wear so I don't have to borrow one.

When we first got to Mariposa we ate our dinner and then me and my mom took some pictures of the flowers and the trees and other things.


It is so beautiful there. The hills look like they were painted on.


 Here are the dog tents. Can you guess why they are called that?

This is one of my favorites.

That tree was really pretty. Also I like the name of the flowers in this picture. Popcorn flowers.

I was keeping an eye out for good pictures. Did I do all right?

From our camp we could see the cannons on the hill

Our view in the evening

The evening battle. I like how the smoke is whisking away.

All the smoke was laying on the ground. I am sorry these didn't really come out. You need a tri-pod to use the night setting otherwise you end up with blurry pictures.

Here is another smoke picture. Once the battle was over there was a lot of smoke in camp.

Horses! (squeal)


So that is what we do at a Civil War Re-enactment. It was really hot there so me and my friend were in a place that had really big rocks and there was shade so we hung out there most of the day. I was disappointed though because in Spanish, Mariposa means butterfly, but I didn't see any butterflies while we were there... Bummer....

I am so excited (repeat) I am so excited, because we are going to pick up Olive today! She is the Compassion young lady from Uganda that is going to stay with us and speak at our church. I am going to sleep in the living room since we are going to let Olive sleep in my room. Also going on, my brother is going to be graduating next week, so me and my mom (mostly my mom at the moment) have been looking though old pictures of my brother. We are going to put them on poster board and show them when we are there.

One more thing I am going to be working on a quilt for my bed. It is going to be blue and brown (the colors of my room). Me and my mom are going to work on it on Wednesdays (if I can hold off doing it until then) because that's when my brother goes to Youth Group and my dad has bible study that night with some friends of his. So it just leaves me and my mom. I will keep you posted on the progress of the quilt.

And that completes my blog post! :)

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, I love (repeat) LOVE your pictures. You also have your mom's eye for seeing what you want in the picture. No need for photoshop for you !! I really liked the tree also. Keep up the good picture taking !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grandma! I love taking pictures as much as my mom does, but a lot of the time I never get around to doing so... I think that the blog will help me take some more pictures!

      -Kelsey

      Delete