"The more you read, the more things you'll know and the more you know, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Monday, April 30, 2012

San Francisco with Olive

So I know all of you have read about Olive and how she was going to come to our church. Saturday was our free day. So, we asked Olive where she would like to visit in California. She said San Francisco. So, on Saturday we got up early to meet up with some friends. We took BART from Pleasanton to San Franscisco. We walked around and stopped in some places like Chinatown. Here are the pictures I was able to get on our big adventure.


I could never live in the city...I am more of the country mouse...


I thought that the clock was really pretty

I think that this is the Bay Bridge

We stopped somewhere to go to the bathroom and I thought the view was pretty cool

Here is Matthew and Olive

We also went to Pier 39 on the way around town

These flowers look like they are made of paper

Some boats

One of my mom's type of shot

We passed by the beach on the way to get a good view of the Golden Gate Bridge

The Golden Gate Bridge

We were walking up stairs and I looked behind me and thought "What a wonderful shot."

Again, I could never ever live in the city...It's too busy and there is no breathing room

I like this shot!

Chinatown...It's different...


So that was our trip with Olive. We had a really great time while she was here! She was so sweet and kind and loving. I hope that we can see her again some time. Well, I also hope that we can have another young lady come and stay with us! Maybe next time she will have seen California and we won't have to walk everywhere....My hips and feet still hurt and are still sore from Saturday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Liza!

      Thank you so much. We had a great time with Olive! By the way, your pictures on your blog are great too! :)

      -Kelsey

      Delete
  2. I keep saying "I love your pictures", they are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma!

      Thank you! I am trying my best to take better pictures. I love you!

      -Kelsey :)

      Delete